Pantherella first opened its doors in 1937 and began trading as Midlands Hosiery Mills, an established women's hosiery factory. Fast forward to 1945 and our name was changed and a legend was born: Pantherella Fine English Socks began trading.
The maverick behind Pantherella was Louis Goldschmidt, he had a vision that fine gauge english socks were the future. Tired of producing bulky bland, uncomfortable socks for men he believed that lightweight, seamless, fancy socks would be in high demand. After careful persuasion Goldschmidt convinced local machine makers P.A. Bentley to produce a specialist sock machine. The demand for lightweight mens socks was significant. By the time the competitors cottoned on to Goldschmidt’s innovative design plans he had already set the industry standard, leaving the competition in the shadows. Pantherella were renowned for creating the worlds finest socks.